Thursday, August 22, 2013

It Finally Happened...

...I created a blog.

The first time I thought about doing this, I stopped myself because I figured nobody would ever read it.

The second time I thought about blogging, I stopped myself because I was fairly confident that I wouldn't keep up with it. 

The third time I pondered biting the blogging bullet (alliteration!), I stopped myself because my writing dreams were bigger than blogging (alliteration again!).

Last night before bed, my mind was wandering to blogging yet again, and it finally came down to three things: I have way too many ideas and stories about teaching to NOT share them with the world, writing is a passion of mine that I simply can't ignore anymore, and I desperately need something to distract me on Sundays while my husband is consumed with fantasy football.

The decision was made.  The blog was created.  Here I am.  

As this is my very first post, I suppose I should give you a little bit of information about myself.  I honestly don't want to bore you all with an extensive "about me" paragraph, so the following describe me in a nutshell: english teacher, wife, fashionista, reader, writer, health and fitness nut, and food lover.

Writing is one of those things that truly makes me happy, and it let's me release all of my pent up frustrations, passion, and energy in a relatively safe and therapeutic way.  

I want this blog to inspire.  I want it to uplift.  I want it to make other teachers take a deep breath and realize they are not alone, and that this job really is exhausting, exhilarating, infuriating, fulfilling, and amazing all rolled into one.  I want teachers to read this blog and get ideas they can actually use and adapt in their classrooms.  I want them to read this blog after a bad day and laugh hysterically.  Above all else, I want teachers to read this blog and realize why we do what we do.  I mean, come on, we all know it's not for the money.  We teach because we want to make a difference in our kid's lives.  Period.

I would be lying if I said that I knew exactly where this was going to lead me, or if I will even keep up with posting on a regular basis.  I will promise you this... after 8 years of teaching in a school where 80% of my students receive free or reduced lunch...I have a copious amount of wisdom, tricks, and absolutely hilarious stories to share with the world.  And sharing...is exactly what I am going to do.    

Who knows...I might even throw in a post here and there about life as a newlywed, my favorite book or movie of the moment, being strong and fit, or my serious shopping obsession.

If you've read this far, I am hoping you stick with me and read my following posts as well.  If you've read this far, and actually enjoyed what you've read, please share my blog with someone (or someones) else.  

Well...here goes nothing! 

1 comment:

  1. Just a technical note: white type on yellow background is almost unreadable.

    ReplyDelete